Friday, November 1, 2013

DAY ONE-Finding Our Want To


I’m serious. This time I’m really serious.

Low-carb, no-carb, Weight Watchers, myfitnesspal.com, South Beach, Adkins, low-fat, sugar-free, hundreds of articles on what to eat, what not to eat for your body type, blood type, thyroid issues, arthritis, fatigue, menopause, lupus and on and on it goes. I’ve tried ALL of them. I’ve researched countless great articles and bought books on the subject of health and weight loss. I’m armed with all the KNOW HOW. All the know how doesn’t help me if I don’t have the WANT TO. It doesn’t help me when all my life I’ve struggled with food addiction.

In Lysa TerKeurst’s, “Made to Crave,” she talks about finding our “Want To” in the Introduction. Finding my want to is NOT about will power or denying myself of all the things I want to eat. I want to really want to. Want to what?

For the first time ever in 54 years, I’m asking Jesus to come into this area of my life and do the kind of transforming that I know only He can do. Having food issues seems trivial in light of all the issues going on in our country and the world. I felt a little silly this morning when I approached the Lord about this. He assured me that He still wants to deal with this issue with me. The truth is, for me, it’s much deeper than having a weight problem. I don’t have a weight problem. I’m overweight, yes. But it’s a result of a deeper problem and why I’m starting this journey with the Lord this time.

I’m so thankful for all of you who may be reading this right now and have decided to join in. I’m very grateful for my FIG girls and the accountability I’m finding with you. Hopefully you’ve had time to sign up for Lysa’s 21-day challenge emails and have her book, “Made to Crave.”

It’s really cool how her book has 19 chapters and there are 21 emails coming to our inbox every day. Starting with the Introduction of her book, plus 19 chapters, then the end that has lots of great go-to scripts and versus, that’s 21. So I’m going to be reading both, each day, one day at a time.

What am I expecting to gain from the next 21 days? I have no clue. Some new friends for sure. I have no expectations really. For once I’m not obsessing over what the scales will tell me 21 days from now. I’m not waiting to hang up these bigger jeans I’m wearing right now for the last time. I do know when you begin a new journey with Jesus that it can get exciting and life changing. That’s what I’m hoping for. Hoping to go deeper with Him and become more physically armed to serve Him in the capacity He’s planned for me.

Today I’m reading the first email titled, “Chocolate is my Comfort and Deliverer,” and the Introduction of the book.
 
Y'all have an awesome day! Until tomorrow...
 
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment