Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 20-Chapter 19 "Live As An Overcomer"

Do you think it's possible to overcome your struggle with food addiction? Or do you think this is something you'll always have to battle with for the rest of your life?

According to Revelation 2:7b it is possible to overcome this. "To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." Not only is it possible, but it's probable.

I personally know a number of people who, at one time, thought they'd never be able to give up alcohol, drugs or sexual addiction. But they are living life today as an overcomer. This doesn't mean they sit back and just let life roll on by. They are intentional about their choices, as they put their faith and trust in God, through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

I've been a Christian for 30 years, and this is the first time I've given this area of my life to Him. That's why I'm so hopeful because I know the power of God. I'm just slow and dense. It never dawned on me that the Lord is concerned about this area of my life. As Lysa put it, "How precious of God to know and address so specifically a woman's struggle with food."

Tomorrow is the last day of this 21-day challenge. The past 21 days weren't meant to be a fix for our problem. I know that in 21 days I can't completely change the way I think about food and healthy eating. The past 21 days were just a spring board into a fresh, new and exciting journey with the Lord. As I put my hope in Him, my expectations are that I will become an overcomer. And I don't expect I'll get there alone. I'm hoping y'all will stick with me on this.

I plan to continue with my gluten-free, pre-packaged, sugar-free "experiment". Remember my thyroid story and how my doctor had to lower my dosage after I'd removed most of the gluten and processed foods from my diet? She told me my diet had nothing to do with it, but did say that losing weight may have had something to do with it.

An overcomer has to plan ahead. An overcomer needs to surround herself with others who are overcomers. And an overcomer must arm herself in preparation by gaining knowledge and information. And an overcomer becomes an overcomer by clinging to every word of the Lord, drawing every ounce of strength from Him, one choice at a time.

As Lysa ends Chapter 19 she refers to Revelation 2:7b by saying, "It is possible to be more than just one who deals with their struggles well. This verse is for those who find absolute victory in an area where they once knew nothing but defeat." That was me. Is it you? I'll be back here tomorrow....

Becoming an overcomer,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment