Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 21 - What's next?

So what's next? I know for me, I have circled around this mountain long enough. It's time to head north (Deuteronomy 2:3). I began this journey because I know I can't stay where I've been all my life any longer. Just like the Israelites. What should have taken them 11 days took 40 years. It wasn't because of the distance of their journey, but the condition of their hearts.

The condition of my heart needs to be positioned to enjoy closeness and fulfillment with God for eternity, as Lysa said in today's email. I know that how I feel this moment will change because feelings change. I'll have bad days. I'll want junk food and I'll want a lot of it. The difference now is I've invited God into this issue and I know He'll stay with me. I know that my struggle with food addiction doesn't end here. But it's the beginning of the end. Praise God!!

I don't know what's around the corner. I do know that when I turn the corner the Lord will be there with me. He'll be there with you.

Remember a few of Lysa's go-to scripts:
  • We are made for more than to be stuck in this vicious cycle of defeat.
  • God has given us power over our food choices. We are to consume food. Food isn't supposed to consume us.
  • Our struggle with weight and food issues is not God's mean curse on us, but an outside indication that internal changes are needed for us to function and feel well.
  • The boundaries with food that we put in place are not for restriction but rather to define the parameters of our freedom.
I'll continue writing and blogging about this journey, but just not everyday. I'll be here at least once a week. As I said before, I'm a research girl about things I'm passionate about. I feel God is leading me down this road to be the healthiest I can be. I'm looking forward to talking to a few doctors, nutritionists and other health-care providers, along with personal research and my own experiences, as I deal with chronic pain, hypothyroidism and intense symptoms of menopause.

I'm so thankful for the health that I do have right now. Thank you all for reading my posts and starting your own journey to overcoming your personal issues with food, at whatever level it is. Until next week....

Heading north,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment