Wednesday, November 6, 2013

DAY SIX - Chapter 5

Hi Everybody,

If you're on this journey...I mean truly on this journey, you're most likely experiencing the honeymoon phase that Lysa mentiones in Chapter 5. How did she know this? That's exactly what it feels like to me. I'm excited, pumped and determined. I think about it all my waking hours. It's like a new relationship. In a way it is. A new relationship with food. Then the honeymoon will end. Bummer.

I know it's not always going to be this easy. In addition to a new eating plan on this journey, I know I have to add exercise. I used to love exercise. I always had my walking shoes with me and every chance I got that's what I did. Walked and walked and walked.

I was at a crossroads this afternoon when I sat at the red light at the intersection of Hwy 278 and Alcovy Rd., in Covington. I could either turn left and go home where I knew I wouldn't walk. Or go straight, park my car at the YMCA and walk the outdoor track. My tennis shoes stared at me from the floor on the passenger side. I had no excuse. The weather was gorgeous. I had no place else to be and it wasn't even 4:30 yet.

So I did it. I went straight through the light to the Y and parked. I walked 2 miles in 34 minutes. Not bad for someone with 2 hip replacements and chronic low-back pain. All I could think though was how much easier it's going to be when I'm 30 pounds lighter.

We are made for more y'all. You are a child of the One True King. I am a child of the One True King. We were made for more than our present physical state. I want to be able to serve God in the capacity He's called me to. Don't you?

Friends don't let friends eat before thinking. That's the title of today's email for Day 6. Think first. Always think first. This is where I'm going to have to retrain my....thinking. Think before my compulsion takes control.

Remember to email me at terrijwebster@gmail.com to share.

If any of you want to meet somewhere and walk together or share our journey, let me know.

In the honeymoon phase,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment