Thursday, November 7, 2013

DAY 7 - Chapter 6

This post is coming late at the end of the day. This is the end of the first week of our 21-day challenge.

The Day 7 email titled, "Finding My Beautiful" hits home for me. Does it you? If you haven't signed up for the emails you can still do so. Go to www.madetocrave.org and click on 21-day challenge.

Have you ever compared yourself to other women? Physically? Financially? Vocationally? I think we all have the same answer to that question. It's hard not to. Why do we do it? How can we stop?

There are some things I can't change about my body. There are things about your body you can't change. God made us all uniquely special for His own purpose. I've always hated the space between my front two teeth. For some reason, God made me with that space. I could've paid to have it fixed, but never did. I can't change my voice or the color of my eyes or skin. I can't change my height or broad build. I'll never have long legs. So I'm just going to accept what I can't change. I'm going to change the things I can and pray for the wisdom to know the difference.

If you're a female reading this right now, will you work with me in finding your beautiful? I must admit, this is going to take more than a day, week, month. Could it start with being thankful for all the good and yes, beautiful things about our body? Being thankful for the body we do have will help us to want to take better care of it. Not so we can be thinner or fit into certain clothes. It will be so we can serve Him in the capacity that He's called us to.

"My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work." John 4:34.

Being thankful and finding my beautiful,
Terri



No comments:

Post a Comment