Tuesday, November 5, 2013

DAY 5 - Chapter 4

Hey y'all,

I'm aware that the comment section isn't working. I've enabled all my cookies and done everything I know to do. If you want to email me, please do so, I want to hear from y'all. My email is terrijwebster@gmail.com. If anyone knows about Blogger and can help me or knows someone who can, I'd very much appreciate it. I have my limits with technical issues.

We're on Day 5 and Chapter 4. It's interesting how withdrawal from certain foods can cause so much physically. I don't doubt that all processed sugars and artificial sweeteners are addictive along with all the preservatives, hormones and chemicals that are added to convenience foods. Our bodies are full of these and have been our whole lives, especially here in the land of plenty. So, we can expect withdrawals. They might not hit until after we complete the 21 day challenge. I just want to let you know that for me this won't stop at the end of 21 days. I plan to continue this somehow with anyone who wants to do this permanently. By then I'll have the blogging part figured out and a different site from this one.

Aanyhoo, today Lysa shared her intense struggle with withdrawals and how they didn't hit until several weeks into her new eating plan. We've just started, so I do expect the hard, bad days to come, especially as life will not stop for us to get healthy. Life will still hit us in the face everyday.

Yesterday I mentioned my own health issues with my thyroid and arthritis. I want to hear about yours (terrijwebster@gmail.com). So I know for me, I have to eliminate gluten and sugar. Before I make it too complicated for myself, that's all I'm going to focus on. That's a lot of food to eliminate though, right? Fortunately I have been working on that for a few months, which resulted (I believe) in my thyroid meds being reduced. Even though my doctor stated to me it didn't. It just makes me that much more determined to continue on this journey.

Chapter 4 also mentions the need for strong accountability, which we all need. We're not meant to go through life alone, so please know how thankful I am for you all as we try to get healthier and allow Jesus to become the power we need to get there. Without Him, I know I couldn't do this. Without Him, I couldn't do anything. All praises to Him!

Don't forget to arm yourself with healthy snacks while you're running around today doing for everyone else. We are precious in God's sight and He really does care what we put in our bodies.

Your accountability friend,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment