Saturday, November 9, 2013

DAY 9-Chapter 8

What's your motivation for getting healthy and losing weight? All of my past motivations have been shallow and in vain.

I'm going to tell you what they are (were). I have a lot of skinny friends I'm close to. I love them dearly and they love me. They may even be reading this. But when I'm with them, I feel really fat. Most of them can pretty much eat what they want. Well, the truth is, they don't overeat and binge on food, using it as a comfort. I can't count how many times I've secretly vowed to myself I was going to lose weight so I can be thin like them. I know, I know, not healthy thinking.

Another motivation has been because I valued my worth by how big or small I am. I can't believe I even saying it. Oh, I'd say my motivation is to get healthy, be stronger, take all these pounds of pressure off my degenerating joints, blah, blah, blah. The real reason has been to be thinner.

One last motivation which is just as shallow as the first two is I care what people think about me. When they think about me, I haven't wanted their thoughts of me to include anything relating to "heavy", "overweight", "thick" or "chubby".

The permanent shift in my thinking is coming. Is yours? My motivation now and where I want to get to is much deeper than my past motivations. I hope and want for my satisfaction to come from one thing: obedience to the Lord.

"Lord, please let this be our new and permanent motivation. We can't do this in our own strength, we can in Yours."

Motivated,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment